Monday, July 26, 2010

"Meet Me In The Elevator!"

"Come over here and do it!"

I was so excited to be going to the Twilight Convention in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, I could not get any of my friends to go with me, so I would be going all by myself. I super freaking excited to be able to meet the cast of Twilight and be able to take pictures with them. I kept thinking – I’ll be up close to Robert Pattinson. I wanted to scream every time I thought about it. I checked into the hotel Friday evening and it was quite late already. I settled in my room, but after a few hours I just could not sleep. So I headed out of my hotel room and waited for the elevator. I got in, but before I could stop the elevator, it headed up, rather than down. The elevator must have been requested to the penthouse floor, because it would not open up there without a special passkey. I stepped out and noticed that this is the floor the cast was staying on. I giggled to myself, hoping I’d get a glimpse of Rob. I walked around on this floor, trying to be as quiet as possible. I must have been walking from door to door but no such luck. I had no idea if they were even here yet or if I’d even see any of them until the convention. So I headed back to the elevator. I stood there, frantically pressing the down button. When suddenly I heard HIS voice, “Excuse me, pressing the button like crazy will not rush the elevator.” And he said that with a friendly laugh. We got on the elevator and he decided to continue talking and said, “Guess you’re here for the convention.” I answered with a flushed face, “Yes I sure am.” It seemed like a pretty long elevator ride to the main lobby. He kept the conversation going, “So are you here with some friends?” At first I was feeling so nervous, that my answer came out to be a whisper, “No, I came here alone.” We finally made it down to the main lobby, and before the elevator doors opened, he handed me an orange wristband, and said, “Take this to the hotel security with your picture I.D.” And he got off the elevator and stepped into the crowd of paparazzis. I had no clue what the wristband was for, but I did what he said. When I got to the security booth, he gave me back the wristband and told me to go to the dining hall. I walked down that way and there was a crowd of people. The lady at the door saw my wristband and motioned me to the front of the line. I walked into the dining hall and the whole Twilight cast was there. I was one of the few chosen to have dinner with them. There was an interview portion going on and we were allowed to snap pictures of them the whole time. When it came to my turn, I asked Rob if he had a problem with fans wanting to hug him or kiss him. He winked at me and said, “Come over here and do it.” I practically almost tripped going up to the stage. I hugged him tight and kissed him and inhaled his scent.

This was one of my bestest dreams of Rob. I nearly screamed when I woke up from this dream.

From,
Someone who loves Rob

- Wow! This is so sooo cute! I’d be pressing that elevator button like crazy too! Oh, kiss me baby and never let me go =]!
~ L.

Photo: Cannes May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment